Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Workers Compensation Specialist
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
Our HSEQ team currently have two opportunities available for a Workers Compensation Specialist and Senior Specialist. At FedEx we are dedicated to delivering the best possible service to our employees with an above and beyond mentality, as a member of this team you will play a pivotal role in providing support and guidance to employees, medical practitioners and Comcare.
- Apply critical thinking in decision making relevant to Workers Compensation issue resolution by interpreting and applying relevant legislation and policy advice
- Ensure that claims are managed in accordance with Self Insurance regulations
- Promote and assist the achievement of early return to work
- Implement strategies to minimise and reduce FedEx workers compensation claim liabilities and long-term workers compensation claims
- Providing quality assurance for determinations to ensure claims are compliant, fair and reasonable
- Actively participate and contribute to the annual Claims audit by Comcare and self-insurance license requirements
- Maintain FedEx’s national self-insurance licence
- Build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to provide and source data and information in order to influence optimal business decisions
- 2 (Specialist) or 4 (Senior Specialist) years’ experience within self-insurance claims management environment (ideal), or in an insurance environment
- Experience in SRC Act 1988 (Comcare)
- Experience in transport industry (ideal) or blue-collar environment
- Safety Above All Culture
- Full training and support in a friendly team culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Eligible for tuition assistance, travel discounts, employee assistance programs, recognition and award programs*
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
*Permanent employees upon 6 months of service