Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
TNT Erskine Park - Fleet Mechanic
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Team based at TNT’s Erskine Park location.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Erskine Parks depot.
About the role:
As a heavy vehicle mechanic you will play a key role in our operations organisation with your main responsibility to be to service and maintain our trailers and trucks.
- Perform safety inspections on designated vehicles to determine road worthiness
- Maintaining the depot mobile equipment defects, roadworthy, reliable and well- presented condition.
- Maintain documentation and records on the fleet to comply with regulatory authority and industry standards and company policies
- Provide advice to managers on technical aspects of fleet maintenance and fleet condition
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs to vehicles by contractors
- Contribute to systems, procedural and service improvements
- Monitor vehicles under warranty to their performance ensuring all warrantable repairs are claimed
- Ensure maximum fleet and equipment availability.
- Trade certification as a Vehicle Mechanic or Motor Mechanic
- Minimum three years post trade experience in repair and maintenance commercial vehicles including trailers
- Current Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority (MVRIA) tradesman’s certificate in Motor Mechanics
- Valid Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (HR)
- Experience in electric and MIG welding
- Vehicle authorized examiner certification desired but not essential
Benefits and Perks of working with TNT:
- Highly competitive rates
- Based at Erskine Park, one of our super hubs and busiest depots
- Safety first culture
- Training and development opportunities with career advancement pathways
- Up-skilling and licence upgrades for successful, long standing employees
Shortlisted candidates will be
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CMAO037200
Location: Erskine Park
Closing Date: Saturday, 11 April 2020