Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Sourcing and Procurement Specialist
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
Reporting into our Sourcing & Procurement Manager based in Europe you will manage sourcing and category management activities in assigned categories - HR Services, Travel, Consulting, IT and Operational Services. In collaboration with AMEA business partners you will partner with the key stakeholders to drive the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
To be successful in this role, you must be a passionate and resilient self-starter with strong negotiation skills and the ability to connect people and develop enduring stakeholder relationships. As a dedicated and hard worker, you proactively seek to improve and develop your knowledge and skills.
- Understand business requirements across categories and define the sourcing and procurement strategy to ensure delivery of services in line with expectations
- Proactively work with the stakeholders to identify sourcing areas
- Independently manage the sourcing process from gathering and validating requirements, selection of potential suppliers up to the contract finalization and implementation
- Manage sourcing and contract negotiation of centralized categories
- Propose and execute cost effectiveness and optimization projects (quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Screen supply markets for innovative opportunities
- Take responsibility for delivering against targets
- Manage the sourcing and procurement relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Work with the legal team to ensure appropriate contractual terms are implemented with all suppliers
Experience & Abilities required:
- 2+ years’ experience as a buyer/purchaser in an international environment, preferably within a multinational company
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- Safety Above All Culture
- Competitive salary package
- Working from home provision
- Grow your career within a small tight-knit legal team which has a great team culture and achieve fantastic results
- Eligible for FedEx bonus scheme, tuition assistance, travel discounts, employee assistance programs, recognition and award programs*
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive,
caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves
on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our
working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and
please apply today.