Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Sourcing & Procurement Specialist
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportations and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Sourcing and Procurement team based at TNT’s Mascot, Head Office.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Mascot, Head Office.
About the role:
As Senior Sourcing & Procurement Specialist you will possess a background in strategic supplier and contract management preferably within a multinational company. You will independently manage the sourcing process of complex projects and negotiations across the Contract Transportation categories: Road Line Haul, Pick-Up and Delivery, Fuel and Special Services.
This role will report directly
into our Sourcing & Procurement Manager for Line Haul and Fuel based in Europe.
We have a small local Sourcing and Procurement team in Australia that work
supportively together but are dedicated to individual categories. To be
successful in this role you must be an autonomous and resilient self-starter
with the ability to connect people and develop enduring stakeholder
- Drive the development, implementation and evaluation of the local procurement strategies with accurate support documentation
- Manage the sourcing process from gathering and validating requirements, selection of potential suppliers up to the contract negotiation, finalization and implementation
- Lead or participate in cross-functional commodity teams to build strategies and to run tenders, ensuring implementation and performance management
- Support the Contract Transportation Management team with commodity strategies; performance and development plans for key suppliers; the annual procurement plan; cost saving initiatives; risk assessment/mitigation; and internal/external benchmarking
- Match demands within the company for goods and services with innovative market opportunities through cohesive sourcing strategies
- Ensure that relevant key objectives and performance outcomes are promptly communicated at frequent intervals to all levels of management
- Prioritise the Company’s corporate responsibility, health & safety, environmental standards and other corporate responsibilities as identified
- Comply with all Company related policies, procedures and legal requirements (HR, H&S, Security, etc)
- 4-6 years’ experience as a buyer/purchaser, preferably within an international environment
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent, preferably in Economics / Procurement / Transportation
- Transportation category expertise (LTL, FTL, Distribution)
- Experience in process efficiency and change management
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- Knowledge of industry, market and supplier analysis
- Knowledge of Total Cost of Ownership cost modelling principle (TCO) and its application with suppliers
- Capable of independently leading the negotiation process and building a negotiation file
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Commitment to the Purple Promise ‘I will make every FedEx experience outstanding’
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of
professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity
culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit
for you, then do not wait and please apply today.