Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Quote Desk Sales Representative
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
As a Quote Desk Representative, you will be responsible for online and telephone contact with our external and internal customers and completing any related administration. This involves providing quotes, revenue generation and retention, transaction handling, complaint handling, administration, with a focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Complete defined processes and procedures to deadline, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and external standards
- Identify anomalies as they arise and use judgement based on rules and procedures to resolve
- Ensure time commitments and deadlines are met
- Deliver on manual processes or local or regional systems
- Verify data and complete procedural checks against predefined processes or criteria to ensure accuracy and quality
- Utilise appropriate tools and equipment as required
- Make decision relating to procedural checks, including situations where the outcome is not clearly indicated
- Provide feedback on processes and procedures proactively, making recommendations for continuous improvement to senior team members
- Investigate and resolve problems or exception situations using systems or equipment
- Act as a focal point for specific types of resolutions within the department and across other teams
- Make decision based on clearly defined criteria and escalate others as appropriate to senior members
- Evaluate options, escalate and gain approvals for solutions that are outside of established parameters
- Support implementation of corrective actions
- Use appropriate communication method to understand and share information with customers, team members and other departments
- Support team members and other departments during process changes including participating in the development of appropriate job aids, procedures & on-the-job training materials
- Deliver required training in accordance with defined standards
- Validate or complete accurate and timely reporting
- Research relevant data and collate for analysis and interpretation
- Prepare reports as required and may include recommendations for areas of improvement
- Input data into company systems
- Ensure accuracy of own and others’ data and complete checks of system to ensure data integrity is maintained
- Ensure ongoing compliance with defined FedEx processes and procedures, relevant legislation, external regulations, and predefined agreements
- Ensure required approvals are sought throughout processes
- Notify management of any non-compliance issues
- Work closely with team and other departments to ensure accuracy of information and completion of processes to deadlines
- Collaborate with customers, vendors or employees, to investigate or resolve issues
- Gain commitment to actions from different stakeholders
- Previous sales experience is highly desirable as is a track record in achieving sales targets
- Ability to build first class relationships
- Good communication skills
- Practical knowledge in using Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to gather and compile information from computer sources and people
- Ability to use various sources of information to resolve problems and issues
- Recent Graduates welcome!
- Attractive salary plus commission & incentives
- Annual sales conference, awards and recognition and corporate events
- Full training and support in a friendly team culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of sales professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
*Applications will be reviewed over the course of the Christmas and New Year period with successful candidates contacted in mid-January to arrange interviews