Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
PUD Supervisor (Closer)
Join one of the world’s largest express transportation and global distribution companies, delivering close to one million consignments on a daily basis to more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. As part of the FedEx family of companies, TNT offers unmatched air and ground network capabilities and is globally renowned for outstanding customer service and an innovative, forward-thinking spirit that drives everything we do.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Supervisor to join our Pick Up and Delivery (PUD) team at our Marleston depot in a full-time, ‘Closer’ capacity. Supervising a team including Front Counter staff, you will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver on our service promise to our customers by achieving fleet optimisation levels based on efficiency and safety.
Working a later shift – 0900 -1900 - you will be responsible for supervising the daily operations once Managers and Team Leaders have finished to ensure the timely consolidation of all outbound consignments along with the allocation of Pickups whilst maintaining optimal levels of productivity.
With a focus on exceeding customer expectations you will work closely with your team by leading, training and mentoring to achieve operational excellence.
Applicants with previous leadership experience in the supply chain/freight industry are encouraged to apply.
- Lead the Front Counter and PUD teams in the absence of management and Team Leaders
- Manage the PUD service quality and productivity performance of your group to the required standard.
- Assist in a Team Leader capacity in their absence
- Ensure every consignment is delivered within its required service criteria
- Manage your Run Group Drivers on Dock in the PM
- Actively manage any delivery exceptions on the road to minimise the number of consignments returned by the group drivers at the end of day. Manage exceptions during course of day and resolve by, for example, redirecting a check address or sending a driver back for a card left
- Ensure to make every TNT/FedEx experience outstanding
- Demonstrated excellence in TNT/FedEx values
- Prior experience in delivering service quality and productivity results in a leadership or management capacity
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Well-developed computer literacy skills
Our People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy drives all that we do. We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for our business to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our PSP philosophy, and the four values that underpin our culture – Caring, Results, Order and Learning - we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers; that cares for our employees’ well being; and, that recognises and values the contributions of our staff, both individually and in teams.
- Lead a team of dedicated warehouse employees
- Training & continuous learning opportunities available
- Competitive base salary + super + mobile
- Uniform provided
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CFAQ037196
Closing Date: Saturday, 4 April 2020