Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Owner Driver - Botany
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for, Owner Drivers in our TNT Special Service’s Team based at TNT’s Botany.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Botany depot.
About the role:
Our Owner Drivers truly are the ‘face’ of our company, committed to delivering outstanding customer experiences and market leading service while also championing our company values in every interaction. Our drivers engage with customers every day, delivering and collecting parcels to ensure we can get their freight to wherever it needs to go – around the corner or across the globe.
- Deliver and pick-up consignments from local business’ on a daily basis
- Greeting and building strong relationships with customers
- Ensuring the safe delivery of consignments with no damage
- Load your vehicle and restrain your load each day
- Complete safety vehicle checks
- A privately-owned van (1 or 2 tonne vehicle, white and unbranded, no more than 7 years old)
- Current drivers’ licence and vehicle registration papers
- ABN and Pty Ltd (or willing to become one)
- Public liability insurance and Marine Cargo insurance
- Comprehensive motor vehicle and compulsory third-party insurance
- Full Australian working rights
- Knowledge of Sydney area
- Ability to provide driving history record
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Safety focused with an understanding of chain of responsibility
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Previous driver or courier experience
- Van with barn doors
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Generous bonus attendance scheme
- Full training and ongoing support provided
- Reimbursement for workers compensation premium
- Paid weekly with no held pay
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company