Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Supervisor (PUD)
FedEx Express is one of the worlds largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the worlds top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Operations Supervisor to lead our Pick up & Delivery (PUD) operations at our Erskine Park. This crucial role will be responsible for handling all FedEx products with a major focus on domestic priority and international freight. Your focus will be to drive operational excellence by managing and controlling aspects of the operations whilst developing and influencing positive team outcomes. Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the areas of operations/logistics, sales, industrial relations and contemporary leadership principles are important.
- Lead, motivate and empower employees through effective & open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team building in order to maximise customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and team productivity.
- Analyse day-to-day results in the depot operations and take action to meet the depot targets for service quality, loss and damage reduction, at optimum costs.
- Establish a customer focused culture by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention
- Use of standard tools and methods to ensure daily/weekly/monthly reporting, measuring and control of resources, activity service performance and cost
- Ensure continuous improvement and share best practices implementation
- Initiate and Implement optimisation programs to achieve efficient activities and targeting continuous improvement on incurred unit cost
- Explore opportunities to improve service level in the most cost-efficient way
- Ensure all resources are focused to achieve high quality service performance
- Ensure staff are trained identifying training needs and implementing programs and people development strategies
- 3 years relevant experience in an operations environment
- Knowledge of optimisation processes
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes, structures and finance
- Good knowledge of Operations processes and related technology
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Ability to realise concepts in a can-do mentality;
- Understands communication requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge in effective training, coaching and people management practices, including leadership development
- Professional certification or equivalent level of experience
- Three to five years people management experience, preferably gained from Operations role
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Throughout P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivery the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
- Lead a team of dedicated warehouse employees
- Training & continuous learning opportunities available
- Competitive base salary + super + mobile
- Uniform provided
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.