Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Leadership Team.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia and will be based at our Matraville depot.
As the Manager, Operations you will lead the Clearance operations at our Matraville depot. Your main responsibility is to focus on leading a team of Customs Clearance team members and ensuring customs clearance activities are completed efficiently for all international shipments. Your focus will be to drive operational excellence by managing and controlling aspects of the operations whilst developing and influencing positive team outcomes.
- Lead, motivate and empower employees through effective & open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team building in order to maximise customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and team productivity.
- Analyse day-to-day results in the clearance operations and take action to meet targets
- Establish a customer focused culture by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention
- Use of standard tools and methods to ensure daily/weekly/monthly reporting, measuring and control of resources, activity service performance and cost
- Ensure continuous improvement and share best practices implementation
- Initiate and Implement optimisation programmes to achieve efficient activities and targeting continuous improvement on incurred unit cost
- Explore opportunities to improve service level in the most cost-efficient way
- Ensure all resources are focused to achieve high quality service performance
- Ensure staff are trained identifying training needs and implementing programmes and people development strategies
Experience/Qualifications & Requirements
- Three years relevant experience in an operations environment
- Knowledge of optimisation processes
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes, structures and finance
- Good knowledge of Clearance Operations processes and related technology
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Ability to realise concepts in a can-do mentality;
- Understands communication requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge in effective training, coaching and people management practices, including leadership development
- Professional certification or equivalent level of experience
It is an exciting time to join the Operations Leadership team, if you hold the skills & are looking for the next step into this key role. We can't wait to hear from you!
Please Note: Due to the festive season, applications will be reviewed from Wednesday 13th January 2021. From all of us at FedEx we wish you a happy and safe festive season.