Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
As a Senior Commercial Analyst, you will be responsible for completing detailed analysis of complex data, systems, or ideas and providing reports and recommendations relating to brand advertising, internal & external communications, customer experience design, research, product development, solution development, pricing; vision/strategic planning, strategic forecasting and analysis, and customer analytics. This may also involve day-to-day management in company software applications.
Main responsibilities include:
- Act as technical expert on complex and specialist subjects
- Support management with the analysis, interpretation and application of complex information, contributing to the achievement of divisional and corporate goals
- Support or lead projects by applying area of expertise
- Source data & information from internal or external subject matter experts
- Conduct systematic in-depth research and analysis into issues of varying complexity within area of technical specialism
- Initiate, define and lead the development and communication of effective reports to key stakeholders, including executive/senior management.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in relevant FedEx principles, processes, tools and best practices; current and forthcoming external requirements (can include Country/Regional regulations) and current/emerging market trends and practices within area of expertise
- Provide expert advice proactively and on request, which may include advising on appropriate solution for complex or unique issues.
- Shares knowledge with peers and management.
- Develop, recommend and execute tools and processes to assist in the achievement of goals within area of expertise
- Apply diverse but structured tools to achieve results or develop new or enhanced services
- Develop and deliver training for internal customers or vendors within area of expertise as appropriate.
- Identify and develop goals, which may include forecasts, relating to business initiatives and projects within remit in alignment with divisional and corporate goals
- Demonstrate understanding of factors influencing goal achievement communicates to key stakeholders and secures commitment
- May develop and present business or project plans to management
- Contributes to the review of business cases/plans
- Designs process improvements, systems developments or the implementation of best practice within area of expertise
- May be involved in supporting management in the completion of processes within area of expertise
- Proactively identifies and analyses risks, opportunities and constraints within area of expertise
- Evaluates and presents recommendations and actions, to support decision making by management
- Lead and/or contribute to the implementation of actions to ensure results are realised
- Lead projects and initiatives, which may be cross functional and involve internal and external experts
- Complete post-implementation review to identify lessons learned and recommend corrective actions
- Ensure on-going compliance with defined FedEx processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements
- Review policies or standards to ensure compliance or design of new policies/ standards if appropriate
- Complete department level audit and notifies management of any non-compliance issues as they arise
- Build and develop effective relationships with key
stakeholders, including externally, in order to influence optimal business
- Significant experience in Finance, Marketing or similar quantitative business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing Analysis or a related analytical field
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- $78,000 - $85,000 base plus super
- Comprehensive training and support in a friendly team culture
- Career development opportunities within a globally recognised market leading organisation
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
Please note that this position is a Senior Commercial Analyst role and the title of this role will be ‘Marketing Analyst-Senior' in line with the global FedEx title structure.