Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
FedEx Express is looking to recruit an energetic and dedicated lawyer to join the Legal team based at our Australasia Headquarters in Sydney.
The candidate should have at least 4 years' PQE with solid corporate and commercial experience, particularly with complex vendor and customer contracts and compliance issues.
We are looking for a lawyer with excellent communication and proven technical legal skills who can deal with challenging business needs across Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.
The successful candidate will provide legal support to the business on a broad range of corporate, commercial and compliance related issues including:
- Reviewing and drafting agreements with customers and vendors;
- reviewing marketing and advertising material;
- advising the business on legal and compliance issues;
- training employees in order to minimize risks to FedEx by ensuring all employees understand FedEx corporate policies and procedures and relevant laws and regulations.
The successful candidate may also support strategic projects, corporate restructurings and the handling of litigation matters.
Experience and Attributes required
- Australian working rights
- Minimum 4 years’ PQE
- NSW practising certificate
- Proven technical legal skills in private practice or in-house
- Practical and solution-based focus
- Initiative to continuously improve processes and work efficiently
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and drafting skills
- Excellent attention to detail with quality output
- Safety Above All Culture
- Competitive salary package
- Grow your career within a small tight-knit legal team which has a great team culture and achieve fantastic results
- Eligible for FedEx bonus scheme, tuition assistance, travel discounts, employee assistance programs, recognition and award programs*
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
*Applicable for permanent employees upon 6 months of service