Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Safety Environment & Dangerous Goods Specialist
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
As part of our HSE & DG team, you will provide leadership and support to the Operational teams across Victoria & Tasmania, including; Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Hobart, Launceston, Mildura, Shepparton, Traralgon, Warrnambool and Albury. During station visits you will demonstrate and implement HSE procedures, practices and systems, whilst ensuring a “Safety Above All” culture is developed and adopted within the workplace.
To be successful as an HSE & DG Specialist you are a resilient and hands-on advocate that can work both autonomously and collaboratively with all levels of the business.
- Monitor risk assessments, environmental aspect and impact assessments, inspections, drills and periodic checks and surveys etc.
- Lead significant risk assessments and monitor the response of “Corrective Action Reports”
- Develop and assist in delivering toolbox talks, hazard/safety alerts, HSE training and inductions
- Partner with the business to ensure training requirements are identified, scheduled, conducted and monitored
- Support stations in the preparation for ISO (18001, 14001, 9001) and Comcare (NAT Audit) audits
- Maintain ISO 18001 and ISO 14001 certification standard
- Support stations with reporting Notifiable Incidents and during visits from the regulator
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in the IMS and are validated within required timeframes
- Provide specialist advice on Dangerous Goods and Heavy Vehicle National Law
- Travel required
Experience & Knowledge required:
- 2 years’ experience within an HSE / WHS position
- Knowledge of Heavy Vehicle National Law (Chain of Responsibility)
- Certificate 4 in WHS or equivalent
- Drivers Licence
- Worked in a self-insurance environment, preferred
- An awareness of ISO 14001 (Environment) and 45001 (WHS) Management Systems
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods (Road and Air), preferred
- Lead Incident Investigator (i.e. ICAMS), preferred
- Safety Above All Culture
- Full training and support in a friendly team culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Eligible for tuition assistance, travel discounts, employee assistance programs, recognition and award programs*
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
*Permanent employees upon 6 months of service