Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Safety Environment & Dangerous Goods Specialist
Who are we?
At FedEx, moving the world doesn’t only mean delivering for our customers around the globe. Moving the world is also about creating what’s next
We’re team FedEx – 500,000+ people strong around the world. The work we all do comes down to one purpose: to provide our customers with outstanding experiences as we connect the world to what’s next.
This isn’t a place to get just a job, here you get a career for life. It’s a place to enjoy constant change, growth, and progress in your career. Our willingness to innovate and transform is what keeps us at the forefront of our industry. With curiosity, inventiveness, and entrepreneurial spirit, we keep finding new and better ways to deliver results – for our customers, for our people and for the planet.
Here you will be given the flexibility and the empowerment to reimagine the new, spread your wings and see your impact. By doing so, we are motivated to be better together. And together, we always manage to drive and deliver excellence.
Our culture values empower us to deliver great results. With one FedEx culture, we:
Take care of each other | Commit to do good | Own outstanding | Drive business results | Create what’s next
What you’ll be working on
As a Health, Safety, Environment & Dangerous Goods Specialist at FedEx Express, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of our operations in Newcastle. Your responsibilities will include implementing and leading HSE procedures, fostering a safety-centric culture, and providing expert guidance on Dangerous Goods compliance across all FedEx Regional NSW locations.
- Monitor risk assessments, environmental impact assessments, inspections, drills, and checks
- Lead significant risk assessments, serious Incident Investigations, and track corrective action report
- Develop and deliver toolbox talks, safety alerts, and HSE training wherever required
- Collaborate with the business to prepare for ISO audits (18001, 14001, 9001) and Comcare (NAT Audit) audits
- Maintain ISO 18001 and ISO 14001 certification standards
- Support stations in reporting notifiable incidents and regulator visits
- Provide specialist advice on Dangerous Goods and Heavy Vehicle National Law
- Monitor and report on HSE performance
- Maintain and conduct annual HSE Inspections for all locations
Post Code: 2294 | Newcastle
What you will bring to the team:
- 2 years + Experience in a Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) /Work, Health & Safety (WHS) position
- Knowledge of Heavy Vehicle National Law (Chain of Responsibility)
- Certificate 4 in WHS (Work Health and Safety) or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license
- Experience in a self-insurance environment (preferred but not essential)
- Awareness of ISO 14001 (Environment) and 45001 (WHS) Management Systems
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods (Road and Air) regulations (preferred but not essential)
- Experience as a Lead Incident Investigator (preferred but not essential)
What you can expect to get
Spread your wings and take ownership of your career with opportunities to advance through internal promotions, job rotations, and cross-functional projects – we make sure you have everything you need to become anything you want to be.
Whether it’s professional courses or on-the-job learning. Leadership development or technical skills and training. Tutoring, coaching, or mentoring. The depth and breadth of learnings are boundless with free in-house training & development programs and paid tuition assistance
- Health & wellness, employee assistance, and rewards and recognition programs
- Special employee discounts on computers, electronics, medical insurance, travel packages, and much more…
Our greatest asset at FedEx is our people. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, and offer equal opportunities, fairness, and respect to all regardless of who you are. We encourage you to apply even if you feel your experience does not align with all the aspects in the job description as you could be exactly who we need for this or another opportunity.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, genetic information, citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under national, state or local laws. We will reasonably accommodate team members and third parties with physical and mental disabilities.
Everyone at FedEx has a part to play. It’s about coming up with smart solutions, remaining resilient in the face of setbacks, and going above and beyond to get the job done. And whether you’re a business leader or delivery driver, you’ll be empowered to take responsibility and overcome each challenge in your own way.
If this position and working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do no wait and please apply today.