Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health Safety Environment & Dangerous Goods Specialist - Senior
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportations and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) team based at TNT’s Melbourne Airport office.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Melbourne Airport office.
About the role:
As Senior HSE & DG Specialist, you will provide superior leadership and support to operations teams across VIC in implementing quality HSE procedures, practices and systems, whilst ensuring a “Safety Above All” culture is developed within the workplace. You are a motivated self-starter that can work both autonomously and collaboratively with all levels of the business.
- Coach & support operational managers and supervisors in their completion of the monthly depot safety plan and reporting activities.
- Monitor the quality of the activities scheduled in the depot safety plan such as risk assessments, environmental aspect and impact assessments, inspections, drills and periodic checks and surveys etc.
- Act as the lead when completing significant risk assessments and monitor the response of “Corrective Action Reports”
- Develop and assist the operations in delivering toolbox talks, hazard/safety alerts, HSE training and inductions
- Actively engage key stakeholders in order to provide sound HSE advice and demonstrate visible safety leadership towards achieving HSE objectives.
- Assist workers in their understanding, implementation and compliance of the business’s Safety Management and Environment Management Systems
- Partner with Operations & Learning & Development in ensuring Training requirements are identified, scheduled, conducted and monitored.
- Support assigned depots in the preparation for ISO (18001, 14001, 9001) and Comcare (NAT Audit) audits.
- Maintain ISO 18001 and ISO 14001 certification standard
- Support the business during any regulatory activities such as reporting Notifiable Incidents and during visits from the regulator.
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in the TNT Incident Management System and that all incidents are validated within required timeframes.
- 2 years’ experience within HSE management or similar
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- Application of Dangerous Goods Legislation
- Integrated management systems - ISO 18001, 14001 and 9001
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- Understanding of Heavy Vehicle National Law & Chain of Responsibility legislation
- Transport industry knowledge
- Ability to complete root cause analysis
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Commitment to the Purple Promise ‘I will make every FedEx experience outstanding’
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.