Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fleet Controller, Special Services
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transport and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
As we continue to grow, learn, succeed and combine the strengths of the companies, we have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a new, talented team member in our Special Services team based at the FedEx Express Welshpoolstation.
About the role:
The Fleet Controller role involves coordinating a fleet of couriers, balancing regulatory & compliance requirements and courier needs to make every customer experience outstanding.
The role is primarily an “AM” shift of 06:00 – 14:00 with some flexibility to rotate with the “PM” shift of 10:00 – 18:00 as per business needs.
- First point of contact for courier fleet
- Allocation, monitoring & management
- To assist the Time Critical operations team to achieve an efficient, timely and cost-effective model
- The effective use of all resources to achieve continuous business improvement, while maintaining customer service
- Courier allocation in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with customer needs, within compliance requirements
- Liaise with and assist major customers with their needs
- Communicating with other FedEx teams
- Assist with collation of data for recording and achieving KPI’s (Service Quality)
- Create an open transparent communication channel with all you deal with, while maintaining integrity
- Openly supply all information that is required for other parts of the business, through recording of collected data
- Implement and sustain TNT/FedEx Express’ social responsibilities during the course of your duties
- Missed pick-ups, KPIs and performance reports
- Attendance at all scheduled training sessions
- Maintaining fleet compliance including everything under the Chain of Responsibility
- Prompt resolution of customer service enquiries
- Integrity of data, timeliness and accessibility
- Being part of team with observable level of cooperation
- Give direct observation and feedback
- Identify and act upon any opportunity for cost reduction
- Applies a systematic and professional approach to establish “best practice” policies, work processes and procedures.
- Results orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Ability to build first class relationships
- Language skills: mastery of the English language, both verbal and written
- Anticipates reviews and continuously seeks to improve company performance
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Demonstrates and facilitates clear and honest two-way communication through an open management style.
- High school qualification
- Operational and geographic knowledge of the Perth metropolitan area
- Basic knowledge of the Transport industry
- Strong written and oral skills, including well developed persuasive ability
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Intermediate computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of FMS procedures, scanning and compliance requirements
- Full knowledge of TNT/FEDEX operations, policies and procedures, track and trace code status
- Understanding of Chain of Responsibility and fatigue management
- Working knowledge of handling and transportation of Dangerous Goods
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Throughout P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivery the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.