Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Special Services Team based at TNT’s Brisbane Airport depot.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia and will be based at TNT’s Brisbane Airport depot.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for assisting our Time Critical operation to achieve an efficient, timely and cost-effective model.
Main responsibilities include:
- Effective use of all resources to achieve continuous business improvement, while maintaining customer service
- Ensure that all jobs are allocated in an efficient and timely manner
- Achieve missed pick-ups, KPI’s and Performance report measures
- Ensure prompt resolution of customer service enquiries
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- Assist with collation of data for recording and achieving KPI’s (Service Quality)
- Ensure Integrity of Data, Timeliness and accessibility
- Create an open transparent communication channel with all you deal with, while maintaining Integrity
- Contribute to team initiatives with observable level of cooperation
- Provide direct observation and feedback
- Openly supply all information that is required for other parts of the business, through recording of collected Data
- Identify and act upon any opportunity for cost reduction
- Implement and sustain TNT/FedEx’s social responsibilities during your duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong operational & geographic knowledge
- Working knowledge of dangerous goods
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills, including well developed persuasive ability
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- MS Office literate
- Knowledge of FMS procedures, scanning & compliance requirements
- Basic knowledge of the transport industry
- Knowledge of TNT/FedEx’s operations, policies and procedures, track and trace code status are highly desirable
- Ability to provide a systematic approach to establish “best practice” policies, work processes and procedures
- People focused and results driven with an ability to facilitate clear and honest two-way communication through an open management style
- Continuous improvement mindset with a focus on innovation
- Ability to anticipate reviews and continuously seek to improve company performance
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
PHILOSPOHY & CULTURE
Our People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy drives all that we do. We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for our business to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our PSP philosophy, and the four values that underpin our culture – Caring, Results, Order and Learning - we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers; that cares for our employees’ wellbeing; and, that recognises and values the contributions of our staff, both individually and in teams.
- Attractive salary
- Comprehensive training and support in a friendly team culture
- Career development opportunities within a globally recognised market leading organisation
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of marketing professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.