Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Deputy Manager Operations SPS - Botany
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Special Services Team based at TNT’s Botany Station.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Botany Station.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Operations Manager to join our Time Critical department based at our Botany depot in a Full-Time capacity.
In this role, your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the daily running of the Local courier and Taxi Truck divisions, including managing, mentoring, leading and developing the NSW Time Critical operations team.
- Focus and drive continuous improvement in the Sydney Courier and Taxi Truck departments in the areas of service performance and cost control
- Manage the day to day operations of radio room and team members in ensuring maximisation of fleet operations including, job allocation, scanner compliance, on-time deliveries and vehicle utilisation.
- Ensuring full compliance with Transport, Chain of responsibility and WHS legislation requirements resulting in a safe work environment for all stakeholders
- Work together with Customer Service and Sales Departments in ensuring a high level of customer service is provided to internal and external clients
- Work closely with the HR Department to ensure we recruit experienced courier drivers for our Courier and Truck divisions
- Staff Performance Reviews conducted to align on work performance and agreed goals
- Ensure full understanding of P&L revenue and cost accounts to meet weekly and monthly targets
- Hands on management experience with the ability to problem solve and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence staff in improving service levels and working together in a team environment.
- Well-developed computer literacy skills
- Prior experience in delivering service quality and productivity results in a leadership or management capacity
- Ability to work flexible and on occasion work irregular hours as well as be on call outside of normal office hours
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes, structures and finance
- Good knowledge of Operations processes and related technology
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Commitment to the Purple Promise ‘I will make every FedEx experience outstanding’
- Lead a team of dedicated operational professionals
- Training & continuous learning opportunities available
- Competitive base salary + super + mobile
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.