Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Customs Clearance Broker
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our Operations Team based at Matraville.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia and will be based at our Matraville office.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Customs Clearance Broker, you will be responsible for providing clearance and brokerage support to external customers and completing related administrative activities.
To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to complete defined processes and procedures to deadlines, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and external standards. This includes being able to identify anomalies as they arise whilst using judgment based on rules and procedures to provide resolutions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Perform defined procedures and processes with accuracy and completeness
- Ensure time commitments and deadlines are met
- Verify data and complete procedural checks against predefined processes or criteria to ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide feedback on processes and procedures proactively, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Investigate and resolve problems or exception situations using systems or equipment
- Evaluate options, escalate, and gain approvals for solutions that are outside established parameters
- Uses appropriate communication methods to understand and share information with customers, team members and departments
- Support team members and other departments during process change including participating in the development of job aids, procedures, and on the job training materials
- Validate and complete accurate and timely reporting
- Research relevant data and collate for analysis and interpretation
- Prepare reports as required and may include recommendations for areas of improvement
- Input data into company systems
- Ensure accuracy of own and others’ data and complete checks of system to ensure data integrity
- Ensure ongoing compliance and required approvals are sought throughout processes
- Work closely with team and other departments to ensure accuracy of information and completion of processes to deadlines
- Work with customers, vendors or employees to investigate or resolve issues
- Gain commitments to actions from different stakeholders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Good reporting and data-management skills
- Knowledge of clearance & brokerage operations is essential
PHILOSPOHY & CULTURE
Our People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy drives all that we do. We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for our business to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our PSP philosophy, and the four values that underpin our culture – Caring, Results, Order and Learning - we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers; that cares for our employees’ wellbeing; and, that recognises and values the contributions of our staff, both individually and in teams.
- Attractive salary
- Full training and support in a friendly team culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.”
Please note that this position is a Customs Clearance Broker role and the title of this role will be ‘Clearance Broker' in line with the global FedEx title structure.