Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Customs Clearance Agent
Who are we?
At FedEx, moving the world doesn’t only mean delivering for our customers around the globe. Moving the world is also about creating what’s next.
We’re team FedEx – 500,000+ people strong around the world. The work we all do comes down to one purpose: to provide our customers with outstanding experiences as we connect the world to what’s next.
This isn’t a place to get just a job, here you get a career for life. It’s a place to enjoy constant change, growth, and progress in your career. Our willingness to innovate and transform is what keeps us at the forefront of our industry. With curiosity, inventiveness, and entrepreneurial spirit, we keep finding new and better ways to deliver results – for our customers, for our people and for the planet.
Here you will be given the flexibility and the empowerment to reimagine the new, spread your wings and see your impact. By doing so, we are motivated to be better together. And together, we always manage to drive and deliver excellence.
Our culture values empower us to deliver great results. With one FedEx culture, we:
Take care of each other | Commit to do good | Own outstanding | Drive business results | Create what’s next
What you’ll be working on
As a Customs Clearance Agent, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing customs clearance activities for import and export shipments. You will ensure compliance with customs regulations, maintain accurate documentation, and provide exceptional customer service to our clients.
The role does have a rotating roster, with occasional afternoon/evening and weekend work.
- Prepare and review customs documentation, including invoices, bills of lading, packing lists, and import/export permits
- Communicate and collaborate with customers, freight forwarders, and government agencies to gather necessary information, resolve inquiries, and address customs-related issues
- Classify goods based on customs regulations and determine applicable duties and taxes
- Liaise with the Australian Border Force (ABF) and other regulatory bodies to facilitate the customs clearance process and resolve any issues that may arise
- Stay up-to-date with changes in customs regulations, trade agreements, and tariff structures to ensure compliance and provide accurate advice to customers
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of customs declarations and maintain proper documentation in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including operations, customer service, and sales teams, to ensure smooth and timely customs clearance processes
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively addressing customer inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction
Post Code: 2036 | Matraville
What you’ll bring to the team
- Current C-class drivers’ licence (essential)
- Previous experience in customs clearance operations, preferably within the logistics or freight forwarding industry
- Solid understanding of Australian customs regulations, procedures, and trade compliance requirements
- Proficiency using customs clearance software and online customs portals (e.g., Integrated Cargo System - ICS)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple shipments and documentation accurately
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with customers, colleagues, and government agencies
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of tariff classifications, duty rates, and Free Trade Agreements (FTA) is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, international trade, or a related field is an advantage
What you can expect to get
Spread your wings and take ownership of your career with opportunities to advance through internal promotions, job rotations, and cross-functional projects – we make sure you have everything you need to become anything you want to be.
Whether it’s professional courses or on-the-job learning. Leadership development or technical skills and training. Tutoring, coaching, or mentoring. The depth and breadth of learnings are boundless with free in-house training & development programs and paid tuition assistance
- Health & wellness, employee assistance, and rewards and recognition programs
- Special employee discounts on medical insurance, computers, electronics, travel packages, and much more…
Our greatest asset at FedEx is our people. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, and offer equal opportunities, fairness, and respect to all regardless of who you are. We encourage you to apply even if you feel your experience does not align with all the aspects in the job description as you could be exactly who we need for this or another opportunity.
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, genetic information, citizenship, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under national, state, or local laws. We will reasonably accommodate team members and third parties with physical and mental disabilities.
Everyone at FedEx has a part to play. It’s about coming up with smart solutions, remaining resilient in the face of setbacks, and going above and beyond to get the job done. And whether you’re a business leader or delivery driver, you’ll be empowered to take responsibility and overcome each challenge in your own way.
If this position and working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do no wait and please apply today.
Please note that this position is a ‘Customs Clearance Agent’ role, and the title of this role will be ‘Clearance Agent' in line with the global FedEx title structure.