Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
Working as a Customs Broker, you will be responsible for providing clearance and brokerage support to external customers and completing related administrative activities.
To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to complete defined processes and procedures to deadlines, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and external standards. This includes being able to identify anomalies as they arise whilst using judgment based on rules and procedures to provide resolutions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Perform defined procedures and processes with accuracy and completeness
- Ensure time commitments and deadlines are met
- Verify data and complete procedural checks against predefined processes or criteria to ensure accuracy and quality
- Provide feedback on processes and procedures proactively, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Investigate and resolve problems or exception situations using systems or equipment
- Evaluate options, escalate, and gain approvals for solutions that are outside established parameters
- Uses appropriate communication methods to understand and share information with customers, team members and departments
- Support team members and other departments during process change including participating in the development of job aids, procedures, and on the job training materials
- Validate and complete accurate and timely reporting
- Research relevant data and collate for analysis and interpretation
- Prepare reports as required and may include recommendations for areas of improvement
- Input data into company systems
- Ensure accuracy of own and others’ data and complete checks of system to ensure data integrity
- Ensure ongoing compliance and required approvals are sought throughout processes
- Work closely with team and other departments to ensure accuracy of information and completion of processes to deadlines
- Work with customers, vendors or employees to investigate or resolve issues
- Gain commitments to actions from different stakeholders
- Must be licensed by Australian Border Force
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Good reporting and data-management skills
- Knowledge of clearance & brokerage operations is essential
- Attractive salary
- Safety Above All Culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
Please note that this position is a Customs Broker role and the title of this role will be ‘Clearance Broker' in line with the global FedEx title structure.