Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Bulk Team Leader - Erskine Park
- Join a global leader within the transport and logistics industry
- PSP Philosophy – Putting our people first
- Safety Above All Culture
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Team based at TNT’s Erskine Park location.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Erskine Park depot.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader to join our Bulk Fleet team team at our Erskine Park depot in a full-time capacity. Managing a team of Pickup and Delivery Drivers, you will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver on our service promise to our customers by achieving fleet optimisation levels based on efficiency and safety.
Effectively managing your assigned geographical territory, you will be responsible for supervising the daily operations to ensure the timely consolidation of all outbound consignments along with the allocation of Pickups whilst maintaining optimal levels of productivity.
With a focus on exceeding customer expectations you will work closely with your team by leading, training and mentoring to achieve operational excellence.
Applicants with previous leadership experience in the supply chain/freight industry are encouraged to apply.
- Manage the geographical territory (termed Run Group) that has been allocated to you to the required standard.
- Manage the Bulk service quality performance of your Run Group to the required standard.
- Manage the Bulk productivity performance of your Run Group to the required standard
- Ensure every delivery is delivered within its required service criteria
- Ensure all pickups are collected within their required service criteria
- Ensure all available consignments for delivery are taken out for delivery by your Run Group drivers.
- Ensure all scanning compliance is adhered to by your Run Group drivers, including On Board scanning and correct negative statuses are applied to failed deliveries
- Actively manage any delivery exceptions on the road to minimise the number of consignments returned by the Run Group drivers at the end of day. Manage exceptions during course of day and resolve by, for example, redirecting a check address or sending a driver back for a card left
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role within an industrial environment
- Prior experience in delivering service quality and productivity results in a leadership or management capacity
- Good spatial awareness and knowledge of local geography
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Well developed computer literacy skills
Philosophy & CultureOur People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy drives all that we do. We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for our business to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our PSP philosophy, and the four values that underpin our culture – Caring, Results, Order and Learning - we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CNAP037225
Location: Erskine Park
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 April 2020