Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Vehicle & GSE Maintenance Technician
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
Completing light duties only, your main purpose and responsibility is to ensure all company vehicles at the depot are maintained to the required roadworthiness standards and to action all repairs and maintenance of fleet vehicles and equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections on designated vehicles to determine roadworthiness
- Maintain documentation and records on the fleet to comply with regulatory authority and industry standards and company policies
- Provide advice to managers on technical aspects of fleet maintenance and fleet condition
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs to vehicles by contractors
- Contribute to systems, procedural and service improvements
- Monitor vehicles under warranty to their performance ensuring all warrantable repairs are claimed
- Trade certification in Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Motor Mechanic
- Current Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority (MVRIA) tradesman’s certificate in Motor Mechanics
- Valid Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (HR)
- Minimum three years post trade experience in repair and maintenance of heavy and commercial vehicles including trailers
- Experience in Heavy Vehicle inspections and electric and MIG welding
- Heavy vehicle authorised examiner certification desired but not essential
- Uniform including safety shoes
- Promotion from within
- Utilise your training in a professional environment
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.