Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Logistics Business Development Manager
- Banksmeadow location
- Career Opportunity with Global Company
- Exciting period of growth
TNT is one of the world's leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. We are also an ‘Investors in People company’ which means we are dedicated to offering a positive and dynamic working environment while providing our employees with training that will unlock their full potential and create pathways for career advancement.
Based at the TNT Banksmeadow warehouse facility, the Service Logistics team ensures warehouse tasks to be performed at the highest standards and time critical deliveries to our customers across Australia.
Responsible for establishing and
maintaining long-term customer relationships for Service Logistics Accounts in
order to achieve the profitable growth of each of these customers and their
broader contribution to the further development of the Service Logistics
business in Australia.
This revenue growth will be achieved through the winning, keeping and developing of Service Logistics opportunities.
- Work on the Service Logistics portfolio to develop and retain Service Logistics customers through regular face to face contact and effective customer management.
- Understand customer challenges and new business requirements for warehousing and transport and work with the Service Logistics team and other TNT departments to ensure solution development and execution. Maintain customer action list to ensure scope capturing, progress tracking and timely execution to achieve required customer outcomes.
- Interface with TNT sales force in relation to promote and initial assessment of new business opportunities.
- Develop the 5 year sales strategy for the Service Logistics business recognising market developments within the supply chain for spare parts logistics.
- Ensure the quality of our service provided meets or exceeds the targets, maintaining the most efficient and cost effective utilisation of resources.
- Provide input to the Service Logistics business plan detailing the actions required by the Regional Distribution Centre, FSL’s, Time Critical as well Service Centres to ensure the meeting of budgeted financial revenue and profit targets.
- Agree the Service Logistics revenue budget and quarterly forecasts for the forthcoming financial year with the National Manager Service Logistics.
- Equip Sales Teams with the appropriate training to perform with maximum effectiveness within their roles and exceed Service Logistics new business budgets.
- Ensure CSR&Q Responsibilities are met as set out in the framework documents for OH&S, Environment, Quality and Social Accountability within the respective Management Systems.
- Minimum 5 years of Supply chain experience in warehousing and transport
- Minimum 5 years of Marketing / Sales / Account Management experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets (personal and team)
- Organisation awareness and ability to work across different departments (Structure, products and services)
- Project Management Skills
- Proven ability to interpret and apply value based management principles, financial reporting, ROI
- Strong Market Sector awareness including supply chain structures, developments and requirements
- Sales and business development experience and in domestic Australian environment
- Demonstrated management & leadership experience at an executive level
- Ability to manage, develop and influence team outcomes
If you have the above skills and are looking for a rewarding career then apply now.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BLAK936324
Closing Date: Wednesday, 13 March 2019