Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
PM Operations Supervisor
TNT, a FedEx company, is one of the world’s largest express delivery companies. On a daily basis, TNT delivers close to one million consignments ranging from documents and parcels to palletised freight. The company offers road and air delivery services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
What we can offer?
- Work locally and close to home
- Great on-site facilities including car parking
- An attractive salary package
- Monday to Friday hours for work life balance
- Training and career path opportunities
- Career Progression
We are seeking an experienced Operations Supervisor to join our PM Operations team at our Welshpool depot in a full-time capacity. Reporting to the PM Operations Manager, the position will be responsible for contributing to the climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems in the depot HUB operations team.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working across the afternoon shift
- Ensure efficient and timely unloading of fleet
- Ensure efficient and timely distribution of freight to linehaul
- Ensure all staff provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Manages relationships with stakeholders and shareholders in a manner that seeks and encourages collaboration and positive outcomes
- Minimise damage to freight
- Ensure labour force is consistently utilised to optimum efficiency
- Identify and act upon any opportunities for cost reduction
- Ensure compliance with WH&S legislation, dangerous goods legislation, operational procedures and company policies
To be successful in this position we require:
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience
- Well-developed computer literacy skills
- Managing a team in a high volume freight transport operation
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Manual handling skills
- Working knowledge of Dangerous Goods code
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Sound geographical knowledge
- Senior First Aid
- Experience in the Transport / Logistics industry (highly desirable)
- Forklift (desirable)
All applicants will be required to complete all pre-employment checks.
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, APPLY NOW!
For information on TNT Express, visit our website www.tnt.com.au
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HOAL936806
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 August 2019