Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Team.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Tamworth depot.
As the Operations Supervisor you will lead the operations at our Tamworth depot. This crucial role will be responsible for handling all TNT products with a major focus on domestic priority and international freight. Your focus will be to drive operational excellence by managing and controlling aspects of the operations whilst developing and influencing positive team outcomes. Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the areas of operations/logistics, sales, industrial relations and contemporary leadership principles are important.
- Lead, motivate and empower employees through effective & open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team building in order to maximise customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and team productivity.
- Analyse day-to-day results in the depot operations and take action to meet the depot targets for service quality, loss and damage reduction, at optimum costs.
- Establish a customer focused culture by implementing and managing initiatives and tools that aim to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention
- Use of standard tools and methods to ensure daily/weekly/monthly reporting, measuring and control of resources, activity service performance and cost
- Ensure continuous improvement and share best practices implementation
- Initiate and Implement optimisation programmes to achieve efficient activities and targeting continuous improvement on incurred unit cost
- Explore opportunities to improve service level in the most cost-efficient way
- Ensure all resources are focused to achieve high quality service performance
- Ensure staff are trained identifying training needs and implementing programmes and people development strategies
Experience/Qualifications & Requirements
- Three years relevant experience in an operations environment
- Knowledge of optimisation processes
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes, structures and finance
- Good knowledge of Operations processes and related technology
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Ability to realise concepts in a can-do mentality;
- Understands communication requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge in effective training, coaching and people management practices, including leadership development
- Professional certification or equivalent level of experience
- Three to five years people management experience, preferably gained from Operations role
It is an exciting time to join the Operations Leadership team, if you hold the skills & are looking for the next step into this key role. We can't wait to hear from you!