Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Supervisor | Lismore | TNT
TNT, a FedEx company, is one of the world’s largest express delivery companies. On a daily basis, TNT delivers close to one million consignments ranging fromdocuments and parcels to palletised freight. The company offers road and airdelivery services in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.We are on the hunt for an experienced Operations Supervisor or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. This pivotal role is responsible to assist the Service Team Leader by actively contributing to and taking responsibility for the effective management of the Lismore Service Centre Operations, ensuring that performance objectives are met and/or exceeded.
What can we offer?
- Work locally and close to home
- Great on-site facilities including car parking
- Incentive scheme
- Monday to Friday hours for work life balance
- Training and career path opportunities
- Career Progression
- Ensure efficient and timely linehaul departures and effective distribution of local fleet.
- Manage relationships with staff, peers, management & customers in a manner that seeks & encourages involvement
- Recognising & valuing contributions.
- Minimise damage to freight handled during operations.
- Ensure labour force is consistently utilised to optimum efficiency.
- Identify and act upon any opportunities for cost reduction.
- Ensure compliance with WH&S Legislation, dangerous goods legislation, operational procedures and Company policies
- Contribute to the climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external clients.
- Experience in the Transport / Logistics industry (highly desirable)
- Managing a team in a high volume freight transport operation
- Working knowledge of WH&S regulations desirable
- Working knowledge of Dangerous Goods code desirable
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Sound geographical knowledge of Lismore metropolitan areas
If you would like to join a work leader in the Transport industry APPLY NOW!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: EJAK936557
Closing Date: Saturday, 8 June 2019