Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Manager - Local Courier & Taxi Truck
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Special Services TeamTeam based at TNT’s Botany Station.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Botany Station.
We are currently seeking an Deputy Operations Manager to join our Time Critical department based at our Botany depot in a Full Time capacity.
In this role, your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Managing the NSW Time Critical operations team, including sub-contractors
- Managing the Sydney Courier and Taxi Truck departments
- Manage day to day operations of rradio room and team members
- Managing the department’s after hours operations
- Ensuring full compliance regarding chain of responsibility and WHS requirements
- Responsibilty forr the service level performance of each department
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is provided to internal and external clients
- Driving recruitment of sub-contractor couriers and taxi trucks
- Coaching and mentoring staff as well as conducting annual reviews
- Ensure full understanding of P&L agreements weekly to meet targets
- Ensuring all Sydney local courier and Taxi Truck deliveres are provided within service level agreements
- Developing operation policies and managing compliance
- Sourcing and managing local supplierr base includingg developing strategic supplier relationships
- Ensure correct implementation of new and currect operational policies procedures
- Monitoring station daily KPI's and take correct action's when required
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role within an industrial environment
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Well-developed computer literacy skills
- Prior experience in delivering service quality and productivity results in a leadership or management capacity
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Ability to work flexible and on occasion work irregular hours as well as be on call outside of normal office hours
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- Ability to realise concepts in a can-do mentality;
- Understands communication requirements in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of the business levers, processes, structures and finance
- Good knowledge of Operations processes and related technology
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- Commitment to the Purple Promise ‘I will make every FedEx experience outstanding’
Philosophy & Culture
Our People-Service-Profit (PSP) philosophy drives all that we do. We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for our business to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our PSP philosophy, and the four values that underpin our culture – Caring, Results, Order and Learning - we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers; that cares for our employees’ wellbeing; and, that recognises and values the contributions of our staff, both individually and in teams.
- Lead a team of dedicated warehouse employees
- Training & continuous learning opportunities available
- Competitive base salary + super + mobile
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
Please Note: Due to the festive season, applications will be reviewed from Wednesday 13th January 2021. From all of us at FedEx we wish you a happy and safe festive season.