International Imports Clerk - Melbourne Airport
Permanent Full Time
Do you want to work for a global player, a market leader in the transport Industry, who offers a winning culture and career advancement for the right people? TNT Express is one of the world’s leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. We are dedicated to offering a positive and dynamic working environment while providing our employees with training that will unlock their full potential and create pathways for career advancement.
As an International Imports Clerk based at our Melbourne Airport Depot, you will ensure that all duties relative to a successful Import Operation are completed in a timely and efficient manner in relation to Customs and Quarantine clearances and efficient recovery of freight from the airlines.
Other day to day activities of the role include:
- Automation and registration of shipments on the in- house customs system
- Ensure all scanning compliance is adhered to.
- Preparation and execution of all quarantine, formal and informal entries
- Ensure all import documentation is scanned in correct files
- Maintaining a manual record of all movements stored in bond
- Preparation and execution of all transshipment entries
- All appropriate status entries have been recorded in track and trace
- To invoice all quarantine and ISB charges
- Retrieval of non PACs documentation from sending port or from actual consignments
- Follow up with origin and import clients for any paperwork, permits or other documentation that has not arrived with shipment
- Communicate with external organisations to assist with the release of shipments being held for reasons unknown
- Daily liaising with Government agencies to ensure legal requirements are adhered to
- Reporting to relevant government agencies and internal security of discrepancies, suspect consignments and tampering of shipments
- Ensure CSR&Q Responsibilities are met as set out in the framework documents for OH&S, Environment, Quality and Social Accountability within the respective Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory OH&S, Dangerous Goods an Environment Legislation.
- Contribute to the climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external clients.
- International Airfreight industry experience (preferable)
- Knowledge of the Australian Customs and Australian Quarantine requirements for importation into Australia
- Knowledge of the Australian customs system ICS
- Knowledge of EDI system and Track & trace status codes
- Competitive hourly rate
- Full training and support
- Supportive and friendly team culture
- Develop a long term career with an international company
- Access to discount holidays
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and a rewarding career, apply today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: Sunday, October 1, 2017