Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dockhand - AM Shift
Who are we?
TNT is one of the world's leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. We are also an ‘Investors in People company’ which means we are dedicated to offering a positive and dynamic working environment while providing our employees with training that will unlock their full potential and create pathways for career advancement.
What we can offer you
- Work locally and close to home
- Great on-site facilities
- Exposure to the operations of an international transport company
- An attractive hourly package
- Monday to Friday hours for work life balance
- Training and career path opportunities
- A friendly team culture
About the role
We are seeking a Warehouse Employee (Dockhands) to work in our warehouse, sorting incoming and outgoing freight. The duties of the role are at the core of our business as it enables us to deliver on our customer service promises day in and day out.
This permanent part time position is both physically demanding and fast paced. You are guaranteed a minimum of 20 hours per week however we are seeking candidates who are flexible to work additional hours when required. Candidates must be available to work Monday to Friday from 4:00am.
In this role, your duties will include:
- Safe, secure and timely loading & unloading of vehicles
- Timely processing, scanning, sorting and consolidation of freight
- Ensure that items are correctly labelled and checked on weight and dimensions
- Check for special handling instructions
Candidates who hold a forklift license will be highly regarded.
To be successful in this position we require people who:
- Work at a fast pace
- Are physically fit and able to lift heavy items
- Work well in a team
- Are reliable (able to attend work every day Monday to Friday)
- Are punctual
- Can show commitment & strong work ethic
- Are able to meet targets and deadlines under time pressure
Unlimited rights to work in Australia are mandatory.
All applicants will be required to complete all pre-employment checks including criminal history check and pre-employment medical.
If you feel you have the work ethic and attributes for what we are looking for and are available every week day Monday to Friday from 4:00am - we want to hear from you!
For information on TNT Express, visit our website www.tnt.com.au
Permanent Part Time
Job no: BGAL936312
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 February 2019