Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dispatcher (SPS) - Botany
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for, Allocators in our TNT Special Service’s Team based at TNT’s Botany
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Botany.
About the role:
The Dispatcher role is working in a fast-paced team environment within the Sameday Local Courier operation. The role is responsible to ensure a high level of customer service to our customers urgent Sameday metropolitan courier services by efficiently managing and allocating jobs to the fleet of drivers.
Key Role requirements
- Experience working in a Sameday Radio Room team environment
- Allocation of Local courier jobs to Sameday couriers in an efficient, effective manner to meet service delivery times
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise jobs in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent persuasive skills/negation skills in dealing with driver queries.
- Ability to understand drivers’ strengths and abilities in undertaking urgent time critical deliveries
- Previous working knowledge utilising HUBS, FMS Despatch and GPS Tracking Systems
- Assist with collation of data for recording and achieving KPI’s (Service Quality)
- Communicate effectively with other allocators & Q.C. staff to ensure efficient job allocation
- High level of geographic knowledge of Sydney
- General understanding of Dangerous Goods polices
- Strong Written and oral Skills, including well developed persuasive ability
- Strong relationship management with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of FMS procedures highly desirable
- Basic knowledge of the transport industry
- Previous experience with data
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Exposure to track and trace highly desirable
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All’ culture
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Full training and ongoing support provided
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employee’s well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.