WHO ARE WE?
TNT is one of the world's leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. We are also an ‘Investors in People company’ which means we are dedicated to offering a positive and dynamic working environment while providing our employees with training that will unlock their full potential and create pathways for career advancement.
Reporting to the National Customs Manager, you will be Responsible for timely and accurate compilation, classification, and preparation of customs declarations for lodgement with ABF and DoWAR.
- The chance to be part of an industry leading organisation and working in a collaborative and supportive team
- Fantastic training and career progression opportunities within a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
- Modern offices conveniently located next-door to public transport
- Ensure accurate tariff classification and compliance with Customs and Quarantine legislation;
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external clients;
- Liaising with TNT Customs Brokers, Customs and related government agencies;
- Assist clients with duty and tariff classification enquiries in a professional manner;
- Ensure CSR&Q Responsibilities are met as set out in the framework documents for OH&S, Environment, Quality and Social Accountability within the respective Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory OH&S, Dangerous Goods and Environment Legislation;
- Contribute to the climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems;
- Any other related task as directed by the National Customs Manager.
- Knowledge of the Customs Tariff and Customs Act and Regulations
- Language skills: mastery of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Ability to build first class relationships
- Results orientation
- People focus
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Applies a systematic and professional approach to establish “best practice” policies, work processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of express clearance operations
- Experience in express clearance operations
- EDI software experience
- ICS Knowledge
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HJAO835767
Location: Head Office, Mascot
Closing Date: Thursday, 23 August 2018