TNT is one of the world's leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. We are also an ‘Investors in People company’ which means we are dedicated to offering a positive and dynamic working environment while providing our employees with training that will unlock their full potential and create pathways for career advancement.
Due to growth within our Express Division, we are expanding our Customs team and have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Broker to join our team. Reporting to the National Customs Manager, you will be Responsible for timely and accurate compilation, classification, and lodgement of customs declarations with the ABF.
About the role
- Ensure accurate tariff classification and compliance with the relevant legislation
- Ensure high levels of customer service are provided to all internal and external clients
- Liaise with Customs and other related government agencies to facilitate express clearance
- Assist clients with duty and tariff classification enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute to the climate of active continuous improvement of processes, procedures and systems
- Ensure CSR&Q Responsibilities are met as set out in the framework documents for OH&S, Environment, Quality and Social Accountability within the respective Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory OH&S, Dangerous Goods and Environment Legislation
- Perform any other related tasks as directed by the National Customs Manager.
- Thorough understanding and application of the Customs Tariff and Customs Act
- Language skills: mastery of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate with impact
- Ability to build first class relationships
- Results orientation
- People focus
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Applies a systematic and professional approach to establish “best practice” policies, work processes and procedures.
- Customs Broker’s license
- Extensive knowledge of express clearance operations
- Experience in express clearance operations (preferred)
- EDI software experience (preferred)
- ICS Knowledge
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HJAO835768
Location: Head Office, Mascot
Closing Date: Thursday, 23 August 2018