Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
C/C++ Senior Programmer Analyst
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the world’s top 500 companies and the World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. FedEx provides fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories.
As TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016 this role will support both FedEx and TNT businesses within Australia.
About the role
As a Programmer Analyst Senior, you will be
responsible for analysing, assessing, designing, developing, testing,
implementing maintaining and supporting quality applications that supports the
company’s key objectives.
Main responsibilities include:
- Writing software code, automated unit tests, and debugging the code to delivery documented working software that meets the requirements in accordance to FedEx secure code practices, policies and established coding standards
- Translate business requirements and system requirements into detailed technical specifications or business features and user stories using the SAFe Agile framework.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to other developers
- Design application solutions that meet complex business requirements, modelling the solution and implement code reviews and other quality management practices across a team of developers.
- Implement software development design patterns to deliver on complex technical requirements to deliver well-engineered working software that is scalable, resilient, maintainable, performant, secure, fault-tolerant, portable, extensible, reusable, testable and easy to use.
- Design and execute complex application testing for functional and non-functional testing including stress and load testing, building test doubles/hubs, test management data, regression testing and complex scenario and use case management.
- Experience with developing applications in a Unix/Linux based environment.
- Solid experience in C/C++, SQL/Embedded SQL
- Solid experience in Unix/Linux scripting languages
- Experience with working with databases eg MSSQL, Informix, Oracle
- Experience in developing applications using Java / JMS desirable
- Proven ability with interpreting business requirements, analyse and design solutions and author technical development documents
- Expert knowledge and understanding of software development design patterns, end-to-end system quality management and software lifecycle management methodologies
- Proven ability to lead the development of software development projects
- Proven ability to lead the coaching and mentoring of other developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or similar
- SAFe Agile certification highly desirable
- Attractive salary
- Full training and support in a friendly team culture
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a global organisation
- Special employee discounts on gym memberships, computers, electronics, health insurance, travel packages, and much more…
People-Service-Profit (P-S-P). We take care of our People so that they can deliver impeccable Service to our customers who will give us the Profit necessary for FedEx to be successful. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages employees to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for our employees’ well-being and value their contributions to the company.
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our Industry.
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.